A Cool Way to Reduce Energy Costs
Jul 06, 2015 03:52AM ● Published by Family Features
(Family Features) It’s the time of year when even a dip in the local lake won’t cool you down for long. What you really need is effective, efficient air conditioning that provides constant and reliable comfort.
Ductless technology, an all-in-one cooling and heating system without ductwork is one option that is gaining a great deal of attention in the U.S. This technology has been commonplace in Europe and Asia for decades. The system is designed to ensure that energy is not wasted while keeping you cool and dry.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), 50 percent of an average U.S. home’s energy bill can be linked directly to cooling and heating costs, which amounts to an average of approximately $1,100 per year. The right air-conditioning and heating system is the single most significant way a homeowner can save on utility costs, especially in summer, when cooling costs can soar.
Ductless systems are up to 40 percent more efficient than traditional, central systems, saving an average of $440 per year. In addition to the efficiencies of the system alone, ductless systems avoid the energy losses associated with ductwork, which the EPA estimates can account for more than 30 percent of energy consumption.
In addition to keeping your utility bill low, ductless technology offers homeowners several benefits:
- Individualized control. Rooms can each be their own zones – one zone in the master bedroom, one zone in the kitchen, one zone in the living room, etc. Mitsubishi Electric systems use advanced technology to precisely adjust the temperature to a homeowner’s preference in each room. Each zone’s cooling and heating setting is independent of other zones’ settings, providing complete, personalized control over each room in your home.
- Comfort at your fingertips. You can operate your system from any place at any time. With a few swipes on your smartphone, you’ll ensure that comfortable, cool – and not sticky, hot air – greets you as you step in the door.
- The sweet sound of silence. Summer has long been synonymous with noisy air conditioners, but ductless cooling and heating systems operate quieter than a human whisper. This is no exaggeration: Whispers come in at 35 decibels, ductless systems at 19 to 34 decibels. Even the outdoor component of the system is quiet enough to be placed near your home.
- Space: a precious commodity. With traditional cooling and heating systems, space is eaten up by bulky ductwork or unsightly window air-conditioning units. A system such as Mitsubishi Electric’s Diamond Comfort System can easily fit into closets, attics and other tight spaces, making it ideal for replacing inefficient traditional HVAC systems or for a new installation where space is at a premium.
- Healthier environment; healthier globe. Ductless offers a triple-action filtration system that may reduce allergens, viruses and bacteria circulating in your home’s air. The systems benefit the environment, as well. They are made of mostly recyclable parts and use an environmentally friendly refrigerant that won’t pollute the environment.
Learn more about how a new cooling and heating system may be your solution for a more comfortable summer at www.MitsubishiComfort.com.