5 Life Fails to Embrace
5 Live Fails to Embrace
you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll
be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The
main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit.” William “Bill” Clinton
Life’s a journey filled with many unexpected ups and down... From a young woman’s broken heart to the triumphs of marriage or childbirth, there unpredictable, unmerciful and these highs and lows will span a life time.
For many women, the fear of failure is almost as tough and the experience itself. But as it says in Clinton’s quote, “It’s how you handle adversity…” that will either set you free or leave you paralyzed from the experience.
These common failures are a part of life, usually that decade called your twenties. Embrace them, learn from them and hold your head high as you move on.
1. That relationship you thought would last forever didn’t… As an adult, everyone must learn how to love and be loved. Make time for yourself after a failed relationship to assess what transpired. Review the things you did and didn’t like about the relationship and apply your experience and knowledge to the next one.
2. Obsessing over someone who just isn’t that into you… Life experiences will teach you who is worth your time. You’ll come to realize when someone isn’t reciprocating in a relationship and it’s time to move on. Anyone who doesn’t see your worth is not a match. You deserve unconditional love and will recognize it when it comes along.
3. Ending a friendship with someone you’ve know since high school… Be it social, educational or economical differences, chances are pretty good that at some point you’ll find yourself ending a long time friendship (hopefully not on facebook) with someone you thought would be a lifers. It’s okay to let go of people who no longer hold the same values or interests.
4. Getting fired from your dream job... If you have any self respect, this one will leave you walking away with a bruised ego. However, once the sting is gone, you may realize that getting fired has lit a fire inside you. Sometimes we just need that push to realize the job or career wasn’t right for us. This is how dreams are realized. Take what you learned from this important ‘failure’ and go after what you really want. There’s nothing wrong with having a little chip on your shoulder, most successful people do.
5. Not speaking up for yourself… This may be the most important fail of all, because if you won’t stand up for yourself no one will. People can’t read minds, so it’s up to you stand up for yourself. State your wants, needs and desires clearly and without hesitation, it’s the only way to create the life you desire.