Cajun friends—it’s me again: Opinionated columnist and general know-it-all, Mrs.
Nettie Mae Avec Domino.
Happy Holidays, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy
Kwanzaa, and Allons Ramadan (dats for my Muslim friend) … Well, it’s been a heck
of a year. Good, Bad, Happy, Sad and outright Strange … Before we start the New
Year, I wanted to recap just a few of my favorite stories of 2016.
1. The Presidential Election…Nuff said!
2. Ryan Lochte goes down as the dumbest US Olympian of all times, then dances his way back into the hearts of America on Dancing With The Stars … Mon Dieu!
3. Mr. Captain Clay Higgins leaves da St. Landry Sheriff’s Department and becomes a politician.
4. Justin Bieber continues to be an idiot.
5. Uber becomes a household name, but I still don’t know what dat is.
6. Russian President Vladimir Putin still has the funniest name in politics, and he looks so good on his horse.
7. Music legend Bob Dylan won the 2016 Nobel Prize in literature, but he don’t want it.
8. Prince done died … oops! Don’t take drugs y’all!
9. LSU went and fired ole Les Miles as da Coach and put Louisiana boy Ed Orgeron in his place. Hah!
10. Kim Kardashian and husband Kanye West said some stuff, but NO BODY cared!
Well … dats
all I got for this year. Thank y’all for your continued support. Your letters,
emails and occasional Marriage Proposals make this old woman feel like a shiny
new penny and again, I thank y’all for dat!
year, Au revoir y’all,