Party-Perfect Popcorn Treats
Dec 17, 2016 02:31AM ● Published by Family Features
While every day is cause to celebrate the light, fluffy and buttery goodness of popcorn, the chillier winter season is perfect for popcorn lovers looking for delicious ways to switch up their snacking routines. Break out of your popcorn rut and put some of these tasty popcorn recipes to the test as you try to beat the bluster of winter. Don’t forget to share all that goodness and invite your friends and family to pop on over to celebrate your favorite snack together.
To feel good about the party snacks you serve, check out Orville Redenbacher’s gourmet popping corn, which features high-quality ingredients like real butter and non-GMO, 100 percent whole-grain kernels that pop up lighter and fluffier than ordinary popcorn.
For the best results, follow these popcorn preparation tips:
- Ensure your product is fresh by checking the "Best By" date on your carton or bag of microwave popcorn.
- Use a clean microwave oven every time.
- Because microwave ovens vary, always cook your popcorn to "sound" and listen to the pop to know when to stop.
- To maximize taste, shake the contents of your bag before pouring it into a bowl. This will help coat the popcorn with flavor. And to maximize crispness, be sure to open or vent the bag immediately after cooking.
- Store popcorn in a cool place, such as a cupboard, out of direct sunlight. Always keep popcorn bags sealed in the original plastic wrapper until you're ready to begin cooking.
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn Balls – Everyone’s favorite sandwich cookie blends chocolaty crunch with marshmallows and gourmet popcorn for an unbeatable ball of yum.
- Gigantic Turtle Candies – There’s just one way to make traditional turtle candies better: add the decadent flavor of gourmet caramel popcorn.
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars– Gourmet popcorn and pretzel pieces coated with yummy caramel peanut-butter glaze makes for the perfect sweet and salty combination that will have your mouth watering.
- Movie Theater Popcorn Candy Bowl – Popcorn may be a movie staple, but when you mix in your favorite theater candies you’ll have a fun blend worthy of critical acclaim.
- Marshmallow Popcorn Bars with Chocolate Candies – A unique twist on the classic crispy rice treat, these bars offer the perfect light crunch that both kids and adults are sure to enjoy.
- Popcorn Party Mix – Add a satisfying crunch to your party platter with a zesty blend of peanuts, pretzels and snack mix, along with the delicious taste of the real butter used in Orville Redenbacher’s gourmet popcorn.
- Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Squares– This crispy confection made with popcorn, peanut butter and chocolate is sure to become a crowd favorite, so be ready with a back-up batch when the first serving runs out.