Komen Acadiana Announces 2017 BigWigs Class
Oct 16, 2017 09:01AM ● Published by Caitlin Marshall
Komen Acadiana recently announced the 2017 BigWig Class at their annual VIPink Fundraiser, the “Pinkest Party in town”. The 11 local BigWigs have committed themselves throughout the month of October (which is Breast Cancer Awareness month), to helping raise breast health awareness and to raising funds to help with local community grants, which help fund free screenings, including mammograms and diagnostic screenings, transportation, education and treatment throughout the Komen Acadiana affiliate service area, as well as lifesaving research.
More specifically, seventy-five percent (75%) of the next proceeds raised by BigWig is invested back into Acadiana, and surrounding communities, through local community grants for breast health programs. Since 1999, Komen Acadiana has funded over 3.4 million in Community Grants at various entities throughout Acadiana, including Miles Perrett Cancer Services, University Hospitals and Clinics (“UHC”), St. Martin Hospital, and Southwest La Primary Health Care Clinics, among other entities. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) raised funds lifesaving research, through a national research foundation, to improve treatment and find cures for breast cancer.
The BigWigs will host a wide array of activities throughout the month of October, and will include profit sharing events at restaurants, Yoga and Wellness events, auctions, and get-togethers at the homes of their friends and family. The Mission of the BigWigs is to bring awareness to early detection, and educate others on Breast Cancer to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
This year’s outstanding BigWig Class includes:
This year’s 11 BigWig Class (in no particular order), includes:
- Dr. Kelly Cobb, MD, Internal Medical Physician, Nouriche Med Spa
- Michael Crowson with Register Tape Network
- Dr. Megan Daigle, MD, Diagnostic Radiologist with Lafayette General Medical Center
- Emily Hamner, Executive Director of the Pinhook Foundation
- Joan Broussard, Owner and Publisher of 337 Magazine
- April Kleinpeter, General Manager of Courtesy Ford
- Eddie Lau with RM Strategies
- Kim Ledet, Branch Market Manager, Iberia Bank
- Dr. Gina Liggio Maestri, DDS, Family Dentistry
- Beth Marino Resweber, Owner and President, Marino South Abstracts, Inc
- Dr. Corwin Thomas, DO, FACC, Interventional Cardiologist
To donate to your favorite BigWig visit www.komenacadiana.org/bigwigs
The BigWigs are competing to see who can be the top fundraiser, and be crowned the “Biggest Wig”!
The BigWig campaign will end at Pour Restaurant & Bar on Tuesday, November 14th, where we will crown the 2017 “Biggest Wig.” For more information on the BigWigs or VIPink, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 337.993.5745.