Hospice Volunteer Orientation
Acadian Hospice and Palliative Care
Acadian Hospice and Palliative Care is looking for volunteers to help provide services that are urgently needed for patients and families.
Caring for the terminally ill is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. If you have a passion for helping others, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. You can make a profound difference in the lives of patients and their loved ones.
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life. Whether you contribute your time and talents directly with patients or prefer to work behind the scenes, we invite you to become a member of a dedicated group of compassionate caregivers who serve as vital members of our hospice team. The volunteer’s most important role is that of a loving and supportive presence.
Volunteer Areas of Service
• Caregiver Relief/Support
• Meal Preparation
• Light housekeeping
• Pet therapy for individual
• Music therapy for individual
• Weekly phone visits with caregivers or patients
• Answer phone in the hospice office
• Assist staff with duties within the agency
• Assemble mailings
• Follow up with families after the death through visits, calls or cards
• Assist with memorial services
• Assemble bereavement mail outs
For more information on becoming a volunteer, please contact Martha Grant Acadian Hospice and Palliative Care Volunteer Coordinator at 337-500-1763 or email email@example.com
70503, 70506, 70508