Time-Saving Beauty Tips for a Busy Day
Aug 11, 2015 03:40AM
● By Family Features
It’s inevitable: the morning you oversleep is the day you have someplace important to be. Fortunately, there are plenty of short-cuts to your morning beauty routine that will have you out the door looking great and feeling confident in no time.
Learn some get-ready-quick tips from Andrea Brooks, one of the top subscribed beauty gurus on YouTube. Best known for her DIY, beauty, fashion and how-to videos, which have earned her nearly 200 million views to date, she also has appeared on MTV and been featured in celebrity blogs.
- Throw your hair in a bun before showering and skip the wash. If your hair looks dirty and you don’t have time for a full wash and blow-dry, you can give your top roots and crown a quick wash in the sink. Freshening up this most visible part of your hair helps create the illusion of clean hair.
- Make short work of the shower with a quick scrub to your face and body. Shorten shave time with a razor that has moisturizer and shaving cream built in.
- When you don’t have time for your regular body butter routine, use a moisturizer that locks in hydration before you even step out of the shower. Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer is applied at your skin’s peak moisture moment – right after you shower. After applying all over, towel off and you’ll have luminous skin all day long. “My skin is super soft all day long,” Brooks said. “I’m kind of addicted; I use it every single day instead of just when I’m in a hurry.”
- Let moisturizer soak in while you choose an outfit for the day. Save time on color coordinating by selecting a one-piece such as a dress or romper, and set it aside while you apply makeup to avoid smudges and stains.
- You don’t need much makeup for a finished look. Apply makeup in a location with plenty of natural light, and use a powder foundation for a smooth base. Add some color definition to your brows with a matching shadow. Save time and avoid mistakes by placing a piece of paper or index card behind your lashes as you apply mascara. Finish with some lip balm and a setting spray.
- If you have long hair, a messy bun or side braid are pretty options. Or twist and pin back your bangs and short layers for a softer look.
- Add clothes, some fun accessories and a spritz of perfume or body spray, and you’re ready to go.
For more ideas to help save time with your morning beauty routine, visit www.jergens.com.