Acadian Culture Day
Celebrating Acadian Heritage Throughout Acadiana
The community is invited to join us as we celebrate our annual Acadian Culture Day on Sunday, August 12th from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Every year, we host this FREE event to explore how the Acadian community maintains its heritage.
This year’s theme will focus on "What’s Happening Now."
Activities will include:
- Tintamarre Parade
- Live music by the The Babineaux Sisters and Jason Bergeron Community Booths (i.e. The New Acadia Project, CODOFIL, The Acadian Memorial, The Richard Guidry Foundation, etc.)
- French table
- Boat tours and Canoeing
- Open Cajun Jam session for all skill levels
- Sharing circle on "Being Cajun Today"
- CODOFIL 50 for 50 and Darrell Chitty Exhibits
- Film showing ('Why We Dance')
- Cooking Demos and Dance Lessons
- Kids’ Arts & Crafts Demonstrations (i.e. musket firing, trapping, courier des bois, fiddle/accordion making and more)
Want to volunteer?
Please contact our volunteer coordinator at 337.233.4077 x. 207 or email [email protected]
Mark your calendar! See you soon for this family-oriented, fun-filled day of cultural exchange. Don't forget to share with others and bring them along with you. And, remember that it's a FREE event!
A huge thank you to this year's sponsors - The Louisiana Division of the Arts Decentralized Arts Funding Grant, Lafayette Consolidated Government, Acadiana Center for the Arts, Party Central and The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation.
Date & Time
August 12, 2018
10:00AM - 5:00PM
All Ages Live Music Food Exhibit Cajun Culture Dance Lessons Film Kids' Activities Boat Tours 70503 70506 70592 70508 70517 70570 70526 70535 70542 70548 Lafayette, LA Scott, LA Broussard, LA Youngsville, LA Carencro, LA New Iberia, LA Breaux Bridge, LA Abbeville, LA Opelousas, Louisiana Rayne, La