Life Hacks: Hydrogen Peroxide
Mar 23, 2017 10:22AM
● By News Desk
Hydrogen Peroxide Hacks You Never Knew!
If you’re like me, you grew up with a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2-O2) in the family medicine cabinet. It was probably the first thing your mom reached for when you ran inside with a new cut or scrape—and with good cause, because 3% Hydrogen Peroxide has been long known as one of the most common and effective household disinfectants in the world. It’s so common, you probably have at least one neglected bottle of it under your sink right now. Surprisingly, that little brown bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide has many unknown and unappreciated uses that could be saving you precious time and money when used in these uniquely effective ways.
10 Great uses for 3% Hydrogen Peroxide you probably never knew:
1. Whiten clothes without bleach. Adding one cup of hydrogen peroxide to your washing machine is a great way to naturally boost whites, remove stains and clean your machine at the same time.
2. Soften ugly corns and calluses by mixing equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and warm water to make a foot soak that will naturally soften them and make your feet feel brand-new!
3.Treat painful toenail infections by soaking the infected foot for 20 minutes daily in half a gallon of warm water mixed with half a cup of three percent hydrogen peroxide.
4. DIY Miracle Cleaner that works on everything from upholstery to floor grout. Simply add two parts of hydrogen peroxide to one part of your current liquid soap and apply to the area needing cleaning.
5. Restore your old shower curtain by soaking any mildewed or yellow areas in equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water.
6. Eliminate foul odors in shoes, around toilets and the refrigerator by mixing together the following ingredients, then simply apply, scrub and rinse:
Add: 2 squirts of liquid dish soap +2 tablespoons of baking soda +15 ounces of hydrogen
7. Get streak-free mirrors by simply wiping mirrors with an equal mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide.
8. Whiten grout in just three steps by mixing hydrogen peroxide with white flour to create a thick paste. Apply to grout and cover with plastic wrap overnight. The next day, simply rinse with water for whiter grout and it’s really that simple!
9. Remove tub scum by spraying hydrogen peroxide on soap scum, dirt, and stains in the bathtub. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes then rinse to loosen grime and make cleaning easier.
10. As a Mouthwash and Cleanser, simply mix a half & half solution of water and hydrogen peroxide to use as a mouthwash. Do not swallow! It kills germs, helps for bad breath, and whitens your teeth.These and other common household uses for 3% Hydrogen Peroxide are known to be quite effective. However, always consult a doctor before using hydrogen peroxide as a medical treatment.