Made With Maple
Nov 07, 2017 02:31AM
● By Family Features
Autumn is the perfect time to fall in love with maple syrup. The caramelized flavor of syrup pairs well with other fall flavors, like apples, cinnamon and pumpkin.
From spiced syrups to game-day dips, McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter has tasty ideas for incorporating this fall flavor in dishes throughout the day:
- Maple syrup is a perfect complement to sweet banana pancakes. Mix mashed bananas into the pancake batter. Once cooked, top with sliced bananas, chopped walnuts and maple syrup.
- Add maple syrup to a melty grilled cheese sandwich. Layer cheddar cheese, bacon, sliced apples and maple syrup mixed with apple pie spice between two slices of buttered bread.
- For a twist on a traditional game-day appetizer, drizzle maple syrup over a cheddar bacon dip.
- For a sweet treat, mix vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice into maple syrup then drizzle over a coconut pumpkin bread pudding.
Find more recipes featuring fall flavors at mccormick.com.
Maple Apple Grilled Cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Apple Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese (1-ounce slices)
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into 16 thin slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- Mix maple syrup and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Layer two slices of cheese and four slices of apple on each bread slice with buttered side down. Sprinkle with chopped bacon then drizzle with maple syrup mixture. Top with remaining bread slices with buttered side up.
- Place sandwiches in large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Cook in batches, if necessary.
Maple Banana Bread Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Maple Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat lightly greased griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- In large bowl, use potato masher to mash bananas. Add eggs, brown sugar, butter, maple extract, vanilla and cinnamon; mix well. Add flour and baking powder; mix until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle or skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning when pancakes begin to bubble.