Grumpy Grandma's Year In Review - 2017
Nov 15, 2017 03:05PM ● Published by Grumpy Grandma
BONJOUR MA CAJUN FRIENDS!
IT’S ME AGAIN, opinionated columnist and general know it all, Mrs. Nettie Mae Avec Domino.
Well, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Allons Ramadan.
It’s been a heck of a year—Good, Bad, Sad and outright Strange. So before we start the New Year, I thought I’d recap a few of the most interesting stories of 2017.
1. Political outsider Donald Trump beats Hillary Clinton in the fall of 2016 and is sworn in as the 45th President of the United States of America in January 2017.
2. Hillary Clinton was not happy she lost, so she wrote a book about it, but forgot to include the part about rigging the DNC to totally screw ole Bernie Sanders.
3. The Donald did not conform to normal etiquette as is the norm for newly elected presidents. This made many people mad, especially those who did not vote for him. Unphased, POTUS just continued to tweet, tweet, tweet... Boy oh boy, more people got mad.
4. North Korea’s President Kim Jong il got so mad he started tossing rockets into the ocean to prove he got a da power. What he really got is a Napoleon complex, and it probably gonna cost him his life.
5. Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is immortalized by Melissa McCarthy’s portrayal of him on SNL.
6. "Fake New" should be the phrase of the year. ALL major news organizations have either broadcast or published some sort of skewed, misleading, or outright lies about one political party or the other.
7. The National Football League shoots itself in the foot by not addressing their kneeling issue like an American employer. Ticket sales are down as fan continue to boycott.
8. Hollywood's golden boy Harvey Weinstein falls from grace as accusations of sexual misconduct exposes Hollywood as the cesspool of predators that it is...
9. Local deaths: Cpl. Michael Paul Middlebrook, Judge Kaliste Saloom Jr.
10. Celebrity deaths in 2017: Chris Cornell (Rock Star), Greg Allman (Rock Star), Della Reese (TV Star), Earle Hyman (TV Star), Malcolm Young (Rock Star), Robert Guillaume (Benson-TV Star), Ralphie May (Comedian), Tom Petty (Rock Star), Hugh Hefner (Playboy), Troy Gentry (Country Music Star), Jerry Lewis (Comedian/Actor), Glen Campbell (Country Music Legend), Adam West (Batman), Erin Moran (TV Star-Happy Days - Joanie), Joseph Wapner (TV-Judge Wapner), and last but not least, my third cousin (twice removed) Fats Domino…Ain’t Dat A Shame! I’m gonna miss you, boo!
11. Confederate monuments are taken down throughout the south.
12. Hurricanes along the Gulf Coast: Harvey, Irma, Katia, Lee, and Maria.
13. Southside High School opens in Youngsville. Geaux Sharks!
14. UL dismisses head football coach Hudspeth and hires Billy Napier to replace him.
15. UL abruptly fires Michael Lotief as head coach of the Lady Cajun Softball team. Gerry Glasco is hired to take over the team.
Well…dat’s all I got for this year. Thank y’all for your continued support. Your letters, emails, and occasional Marriage Proposals make this old woman feel like a shiny new penny and I thank y’all for dat!
Until next year ~ Au revoir y’all,
Mrs. Nettie Mae Avec Domino