Big Game Flavor
Feb 05, 2018 02:31AM
By Family Features
When hosting a game-day party, you’d think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it’s actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips and saucy wings that can keep them happily glued to their seats.
Dip into delicious. No watch-party menu is complete without a cheesy dip. This over the top dip brings big flavor and is perfect for kicking the party up a notch as your team works to post that next big win.
Go ahead and wing it. Wings and football go together like quarterbacks and touchdowns. This year, try a south-of-the-border version and rub wings in cheesy taco seasoning. For extra flair, serve them on a platter with taco fixings.
Find more flavorful game day recipes and ideas for your party at McCormick.com.
Cheesy Taco Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wing pieces
- 1 package McCormick Cheesy Taco Mix
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- In large bowl, toss chicken wings with seasoning mix. On large, shallow foil-lined baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, arrange wings in single layer.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crisp.
- On large serving platter, arrange lettuce. Top with wings, tomato, green onion and queso fresco.
Texas Trash Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- sliced olives (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In large, microwavable bowl, heat cream cheese and sour cream on high 1 minute, or until cheese is softened. Remove from microwave. Mix with wire whisk until smooth. Add refried beans, green chilies, seasoning mix and 2 cups cheese; mix well.
- Spread bean mixture into 13-by-9-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top with cilantro, tomatoes, sliced olives and avocados, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.